Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Featured Shop: Bead Origami

Cindy, of Bead Origami, specializes in handmade geometric beadwork, but also likes to try new styles from time to time. She says, "I have been a crafty person as long as I can remember. I have dabbled in crochet, knitting, sewing, cross stitch, woodworking, and beadwork, but my first crafty love is modular geometric origami. In this medium, several pieces of paper are folded into "modules" which are then assembled together to form the completed origami object. I was quite pleased to discover that I could form similar structures with beads! I have been developing my beadwork designs for the past three years without any formal training."

In addition to selling jewelry, Cindy also sells beautifully written and illustrated tutorials. She uses the highest quality materials in her work; all of her glass beads and seed beads are of the highest quality she can find, and the metals she uses are sterling silver, gold-filled, or vermeil.

Click on any photo to learn more about the item.











The SATeam blog features artisan handmade creations by the etsy starving artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

5 comments:

Barb Macy said...

I've always been fascinated by this type of jewelry making. The intricate designs! I don't think I'd have the patience!

Cindy said...

Hey look, it's my shop! Thanks so much for featuring my work!

Thanks for your kind comments Barb!

Cat said...

I love those beads - no idea how you do it!

Happileerving said...

Cindy is a very patient as well as talented beader. I love origami too but would never have the fortitude to work with all those geometric shapes. Great post, thanks for introducing me to such a delightful shop.
Bonnie

Leilani said...

I have always been mesmerized by Cindy's work. Thank you for letting us get to know her & her craft better!