Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Traditions

Like any holiday, each of us celebrates Easter differently.

I remember that as a little girl, my mother would bring me shopping for a new Easter dress. Every year I would pick a different colour. Then I would eagerly await Easter morning so that I could wear it. Sadly, many Easter Sundays in my part of the world were too cold to wear the new spring dress.

When I was thirteen, my godmother gave me a lovely gold cross on a gold chain. I was excited as it was my first piece of “grown-up” jewelry. That cross is no longer the first piece of jewelry I reach for, but I do take it out on Easter Sunday and wear it in remembrance of her.

Do you have any special traditions for Easter?







Featuring artisan handmade creations by the Etsy Starving Artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current Etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

6 comments:

mcstoneworks said...

It's kind of sad that people don't really dress up for special occasions like they once did. I can remember wearing my new Easter dress to church and seeing all of the pretty pastel dresses and hats. Very few people wear hats anymore, but I used to love to see how outlandish some of them were.

Beautiful jewelry selections celebrating Easter.

Marie Cristine said...

Happy Easter

Anonymous said...

Yes, we used to dress up aswell and after breakfast we went into the garden looking for chocolate Easter eggs. Very nice article and examples, thank you.

tjrjewellery said...

Beautiful posting! I love the trips down memory lane!

Nice jewellery selections!

Unknown said...

We have an annual egg rolling contest, which is lots of fun! Lovely article :-)

Happileerving said...

DH and I were discussing this on Easter Sunday, remembering the easter suits and hats and patten leather shoes and gloves.....