Saturday, November 6, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Here is the scene that greeted me when I woke up on Sunday morning.




Yes, snow! My world had turned into a white winter wonderland. Kids in the neighbourhood made large snowmen. The cats left small feline tracks in the snow when they went out in the yard. And it was only October 31st!

Thankfully, the snow only lasted a few days. But it was enough to remind me that winter is just around the corner - well, in the northern hemisphere, that is.

Although I'm not a fan of the cold that accompanies winter, I do love how pretty the icy whiteness looks. It is a perfect time to wear some jewelry that compliments that icy beauty.



Vintage Brass White Bracelet with Matted Clear Crystal Czech Beads - Frosted Ice by RFefie


White Glass and Seed Bead Sparkling Necklace by Elegance and Sparkles


Artisan Chainmail with Pearls and Sterling Silver Bracelet - Frozen Teardrops by Galadryl


Sky Blue Topaz Solitaire Ring by TJR Jewellery



Silver wire crochet pendant with ocean jasper - Winter tree of life by Cat's Wire



Opal Czech Glass Earrings by MC Stoneworks



Breeze - handmade lampwork focal by Bead Up a Storm


Remember, you have until November 28th to enter the 2nd Annual SATeam Wrist Candy Holiday Giveaway. Find all the details and the complete list of participating shops here.


Featuring artisan handmade creations by the Etsy Starving Artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current Etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

12 comments:

mcstoneworks said...

Julie, your winter wonderland is gorgeous. I love looking at snow, but do not like cold at all.

Beautiful jewelry that symbolizes the winter.

Cat said...

I'm not a fan of winter ... unless I can be inside, my hands on a mug of hot chocolate and look at the beauty outside.
You captured that beautifully with your post and the picks.
I'm honored for my pendant to be included.

Unknown said...

I dread winter, but am resigned to it. I loved the White Glass and Seed Bead Sparkling Necklace! It's like wearing frost!

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely picture. I like looking at snowly sceneries but I hate clearing the pavement afterwards *g. The necklace must belong to the ice queen, beautiful.

Islandgirl said...

We ha snow on Halowe'en was totally unwanted.. Yea it loos sort of pretty... But it's a pretty I can live without!

Caron Michelle said...

Stunning - those pieces are simply beautiful

Unknown said...

Is that really, really a scenery from your house?!! Wow! I've only been in the snow once in my lifetime. I've lived in the city all my life, only once did I go to the mountains when I was about 10 years old. I didn't like the screeching my shoes made when I walked in the snow, kinda like when fingernails scratch a chalkboard. And I remember it was sooooooooo cold. But then, again, I wasn't dressed appropriately for that weather. But I love how you captured that scene, it's beautiful! Wow!

Those pieces do truly capture the essence of your photo, great job!

Atelier MariT said...

beautiful winter selections!
Love winter, snow, cold and all

northern girl said...

Ramona, yes, that's a scene from our place. I took the photo from the spare room window.

Snow is something that comes to us each winter, no need to go to the snow here. Usually it just doesn't arrive quite so early.

It still boggles my mind to think that some people haven't or have rarely seen, felt and played in snow...

Carole said...

I used to love it when it snowed, until I started going to college in Montreal. That much snow quickly got old. Not to mention cold.

Beautiful jewelry, though.

Erika said...

Love the photo of your winter wonderland! And gorgeous choices too - especially the white glass and seed bead necklace - it really sparkles!

Happileerving said...

Ohh I am cold now after drooling over all of this icy goodness. Time for a hot mug of tea.