Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fool's Day Snow Storm is Sooo Not Funny!

As anyone in the Northeast can tell you, we have/had (since you're reading this on a Saturday) a real Nor'easter of a snow storm. And on April Fool's Day. So not funny. Really depressing. In fact it has me seeing red. The madder I got the topic for this post became obvious: red. Red anything as long as it's not snow white.
So, first off, here's an incredibly lovely shade of red, orange agate and sunstone, from 2 Belles and a Bead



Sparkly and warm earrings from Bead Origami



and from Shiny Adornments




More sparkly red from Bead Up a Storm



Not enough sparkles yet? How about this set of beads from N Valentine Studio



This piece reminds me of a warm log fire, from Jewelry Art by Dawn



That's it, I feel better now.

Have you heard about the SATeam Mother’s Day Giveaway Event?  You could win one of 3 gift certificates that can be used in the shops of participating team members.  To find out how to enter and for the complete list of participating shops, please see this post.

Featuring artisan handmade creations by the Starving Artists jewelry Team, the SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com and here on ArtFire.


8 comments:

AMDesignsbyAngela said...

Yay...anything but white...I'm right with you on the April Fool's Day snowstorm...but my dog love's it!...Beautiful selections!

mcstoneworks said...

I'm ducking as I tell you it's 85 in Houston. Everything is pale green from all of the pollen. Hope you thaw out soon.

Anonymous said...

Muy caliente! Love the fiery colors!

RitaJC said...

Hot finds!

Jeanne/J3Jewelry said...

Oh my! April + Snow = Argh!!!
Well I won't tell you what it's like down here in Florida, but I can tell you it's not snowing! >:>

Beautiful selections, all!

DawninCal said...

You just never know what April 1 will throw at you! Hope the lovely red selections have warmed you up, Sue. Our doggies love the snow too, but there's none left here for them to play in.

Thank you for including my pendant. :)

Cat said...

I'm sorry about the snow, but the post it inspired you for is hot!

Caron Michelle said...

That would drive me crazy too, probably one reason why I live in the tropcis :) Great selections.