Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Earrings...What's Your Favorite Style

Whether your ears are pierced or not earrings are a favorite jewelry accessory. However, not all styles are favored by everyone, some favor dangles, some hoops and others inconspicuous studs. So why don't we just examine some of the earrings style options available and try to decided which style works best for each of us. Using these examples designed and created by our SATeam members what style is your preference?

Studs: Generally, small single stone set on a post that sits centered on and close to the ear lobe.


By Dianne Karg Baron

Buttons/Disks: Similar to studs, but greater in proportion. These are also worn close to the lobe.
By Azoho 

Drops: Bead(s) or other small decorative charm which hangs from an ear wire (pierced or screw-on). The drop part is usually a single component that doesn't hang too far from the lobe.

By Wickwire Jewelry

Dangles: Another style that is an extension of another, this time extended drops. Dangles can be single or multiple connected beads, larger and/or longer charms or other decorative component(s) that hang from the lobe more than just a little. I would consider anything that drops more than 3/4" from the lobe a dangle. Chandeliers would be considered a more complex and elaborate dangle variation.

By Galadryl

By Northern Girl

Hoops: Hoops come in many sizes and also a variety of shapes, not just circular. Hoops are very popular, but the size of the hoops are definitely a personal preference as they may range from as small as 1/2" to 3" or more.

By Shiny Adornments

By TheFamiLeeJewels

This certainly doesn't exhaust the style options but is a good representation of the variety available. I don't think I can settle on a single style preference...I love wearing earrings. Depending on my mood I would wear any of these styles from the demure bead studs to the fun and funky zipper hoops. What about you?

Featuring artisan handmade creations by the Starving Artists jewelry Team, the SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com and here on ArtFire.

13 comments:

Jeanne/J3Jewelry said...

Oooh what yummilicious earrings! I am absolutely in love with Northern Girl's aquamarines.

Unknown said...

Definitely dangles are my favorite, the longer the better.

DawninCal said...

I'd happily wear any of these beautiful creations by the team!

Some days one feels demure and other days they go hog wild with the big dangly hoops and then there are those times when something in between is perfect.

Got it all covered with this selection!

mcstoneworks said...

Great variety of earring styles and designs - from elegant to fun. Those zipper earrings are too cute.

Dianne Karg Baron said...

I tend to wear dangle earrings, but I love everything you chose!

Ava said...

I'll take them all!

Anonymous said...

I am into dangles as well. Gorgeous collection.

Atelier MariT said...

lovely collection of earrings, I'd wear any of them short or long!

Cat said...

Cool post ... dangles for me please!

EleganceandSparkles said...

This is a great variety of earrings. They are all well done.

tjrjewellery said...

A nice variety1

RitaJC said...

Great post!
MY favs are studs and drops, but sometimes the gal just wants to feel different! :)

Nancy said...

Dangles for me too. The bigger the better! I like movement in my jewelry.