Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The dark side - we have cookies

Never say never. I usually learn that the hard way - opening up my mouth far too wide for my own good and then, some time later, walk in with a paperbag over my head, having to admit that I did
- watch a movie I said I'd never watch
- read a book I said I'd never read
- try food and love it when I was so sure I would hate it (yes, I do love Brussels sprouts all of a sudden)
- pl.... play ... with ... with ... oh, this is so hard ... with seed beads (other than using them in my wire crochet, that is)

Actually I became so intrigued with bead looming that I almost forgot today's blog post. This is so embarrassing, where is my paperbag?
Of course you also have to know that it's not easy going up against a bunch of seedie people. Especially if they are bribing you with cookies. That's my story and I stick with it.


Let me introduce some to you.

Meet Cindy from Bead Origami. She likes geometric designs and this dark red and silver beaded pendant is one of my favorites as I am totally in love with the colors.


Do you remember Jurassic Park? I'm not quite sure if you could use the DNA in these earrings to make your own dinosaur, but I'm sure they'll look great on your ears.
You can find them in the shop of Gwenbeads.


Also designed with beadwoven beads, but in a totally different look is this adjustable suede necklace/bracelet by Alatvian. What a nice idea!


Ah, they are dangerous, those tiny beads ...

By Cat's Wire

All jewelry items featured above were created by members of the Starving Jewelry Artists Team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com and here on ArtFire.

8 comments:

mcstoneworks said...

You should have included a picture of that gorgeous cuff that took you to the dark side. :)

Caron Michelle said...

It is indeed a dangerous world to step into, take it from one that knows, I too was captured by the bead looming net! I have a totally new respect for anyone who creates with seed beads, these selections are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I give you a new paper bag and you give me those scrumptious cookies :) Beautiful examples of seeds beads jewelry.

tjrjewellery said...

Pass the cookies!

I think the beads are too small for my fingers, but I admire those who make such lovely creations!

DawninCal said...

Cookies? We have cookies?

I love cookies!

So many beautiful things emerge from the dark side even though I find it kinda scary.

Cindy said...

Yep, seedies are just like cookies... Once you start, you just can't stop!

Thanks for including my pendant :)

RitaJC said...

Lovely post!
Thank you so much for featuring my simple work!

Jeanne said...

Aren't these the best cookies you ever had??? muahahahahahah